Pages

Sunday, September 18, 2022

Queen (Sterling Falls 4) - S. Massery

I was a thief.
The guys I’m falling in love with turned me into a fighter.
And when the city tried to make me disappear, I rebelled.
But now I know the truth.

I wasn’t meant to linger in the shadows.
I am a queen.
And I will take what I am due.

Sterling Falls is a dark, gothic reverse harem romance series with enemies to lovers, romantic suspense, and new adult themes. Queen is the final book in the series.      

            The STERLING FALLS series was one I did not expect to fall so head over heels in love with. I love Massery, her characters, imagery, and storytelling is phenomenal but there is also a hesitancy I have when taking on a reverse harem. This is a me problem, I fall in love with one character and no one compares, therefore, it’s difficult for me to finish a RH and be satisfied. HOWEVER, that was not the case here with QUEEN, the final book in the series. 

Kora finally took her place as Wolfe, Jace, and Apollo’s queen, not just literally but metaphorically. She could not be held in higher regard in their eyes. This character has proven over the course of these four books that she is resilient, she is brave, she is beautiful, kind, and is fair. She is balanced where many of the characters, minus Apollo, aren’t. She grounds these men and seeing their relationship blossom is entertaining and something magical. I think each character holds a different piece of Kora’s heart and soul, best explained by Jace when he said, “maybe you’re meant for all of us but I’m only meant for you.” Do I think there is one man better than the others, yes, but do I think one is PERFECT FOR KORA above the others? That I’m not so sure. Massery wrote these characters in a way where they fit like a puzzle, hell even before Kora came into the picture these men were a puzzle with a missing piece. 

Now I knew where their relationship was headed, I felt it in my bones, and when it transpired on the page, I was not shocked. I think it was Massery’s way of giving the characters each a bit of peace and happiness together. Also, I need to take a moment to THANK SARA for not including a pregnancy at the end of this book. I don’t mind mention of wanting to have kids in the future but every RH I’ve read lately ends with the FMC pregnant and what a ruin that is for me, so THANK YOU.

The situations happening in the plot, because there IS a plot in Massery’s books (theyre not just all in bed 24/7), is intriguing and anxiety inducing. While I don’t think it was out of left field, I did think there were a lot of twists and turns throughout the 4 books and especially here in QUEEN that kept readers engaged every page. I actually swear, hand to God, that I skimmed some of the smutty scenes to get back to the mystery of who Kora really is and how she is tied into the Sterling Falls history. I am excited for more from these characters, I know that Massery will do them justice and give them the endings they all deserve. 

Overall, this series was REALLY difficult to put down, and even when I was having anxiety attacks for the characters and unsure where their stories would go, I pushed through. The characters each provide readers such a different perspective and I think each is invaluable to the story. I loved this series, I still love Wolfe the best, and I am sad to see it end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment