Pages

Saturday, October 25, 2014

One More Chance - Abbi Glines

                                  One More Chance by Abbi Glines, yes.

Grant Carter did everything in his power to convince Harlow Manning that he was a good guy. More than a smooth-talker and someone she could trust. He had to overcome his reputation as a playboy, and his history with Harlow's half-sister, Nan, a woman with a reputation of her own.

Harlow had taken the chance, falling hard and fast for the guy who thrilled her with his all-consuming desire. After a lifetime of avoiding bad boys like Grant, she had opened herself to the possibilities of love...

But a life-changing secret has torn them apart, and now Grant and Harlow must decide if they have enough fight to make it work - or if the pain of betrayal has permanently destroyed their future.



            I previously reviewed the first book Take a Chance and I really fell in love with Grant Carter and Harlow Manning. I knew what was going to happen however in the end, I had a great guess. The book ended with me wanting more, so much more. I’ve previously said how much I love all the characters, especially Harlow’s brother. The rest of the characters were also amazing in the sequel. Specifically I have a newfound love for Kiro and for Nan. I really didn’t have feelings for either of them in the last book, they were kind of just there for me but now I kind of love them.

That being said I lost some love for other characters, for one; Grant. He kind of irked me. I understand he wanted Harlow and wanted her to be happy but he barely put up a fight to ‘save’ her. Also Harlow, she was rather whiny. I don’t know but women in her position in books (trying to avoid spoilers) always bother me. Maybe it’s because I’m 19 and aren’t thinking of that in the slightest, if anything I’m definitely trying to avoid it but I don’t know it bothered me. For example: in another Glines book in her other series, she had a couple Eva and Cage who I fell in serious love with until the exact same thing happened to her. Sure the stories were very very different but I don’t know, I feel like it’s just not my taste and it made me enjoy the characters less.

Overall I recommend reading this to anyone who loves Abbi and anyone who enjoys YA novels. Definitely read the former before this book, it will help obviously! But if you want to read other books similar to this...

Rating: 7/10

            I actually began drinking raspberry hibiscus tea while reading this. It’s so yummy and addicting!

No comments:

Post a Comment