Pages

Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Twisted Obsession - S Massery

My name is Melody Cameron… 
Or so I’ve been told. 
When I wake up in the hospital with no memories, I’m shipped off to Denver to live with a distant cousin who knows nothing about me. 
If family can’t help me remember my past, who will? 
I don’t expect it to be a gorgeous hockey player ten years younger than me. He knows things about me he has no right to know. 
Yet, he still keeps secrets. 
He makes me work for every answer while he unlocks my desire—and fear. 
Still. I’m blind. Naive. 
And when his twisted obsession becomes apparent, it’s too late. For both of us.

"Twisted Obsession" is undeniably my favorite installment in the Hockey Gods series. The story of Melody and Jacob had me hooked from the very beginning, and their dynamic was nothing short of captivating. 


What set their relationship apart was the power shift; despite Jacob's strength and influence, it was Melody who seemed to hold him firmly in the palm of her hand, even if she didn't remember their past connection. This unique dynamic added so much depth and intrigue to their story and remained a constant theme throughout.


One of the aspects that truly stood out was the natural progression of their relationship. As the story unfolded, it was like filling in the blanks alongside Melody, which made the reading experience all the more engaging. The chemistry between the characters was palpable, and Jacob's unapologetic, confident nature when it came to their intimacy was both refreshing and enticing. His reassurance that they were safe together made their connection even more compelling.


While Jacob's darker tendencies may have raised some eyebrows at times, Massery managed to strike a balance that never pushed the reader too far into anxiety territory (which I am thankful for because Miles was rough on me). More so, there's an underlying sense of suspense throughout the book, as we are left wondering why Melody left and why she can't remember anything. If you read the prequel you have a better understanding of this but if you didn't you are in for a treat. This mystery adds an extra layer of excitement and keeps you turning the pages to uncover the truth, which also serves to bring the characters closer together.


Jacob, in all his twisted obsession (get it), emerges as a character who is both complex and surprisingly soft-hearted when compared to the other hockey gods in the series. His multifaceted personality keeps you guessing and rooting for him and Melody throughout their journey.


One of the highlights of "Twisted Obsession" is the reunion with the other hockey gods, offering readers a chance to catch up with their favorite characters from previous books in the series. However, it's the appearance of familiar faces from Sara's previous book series, "Wicked Dreams," that adds an extra layer of nostalgia and excitement. Liam, in particular, stands out as a memorable book boyfriend.


Overall, Twisted Obsession is a masterfully crafted novel that seamlessly combines passion, suspense, and a touch of nostalgia. Jacob and Melody's love story is a rollercoaster of emotions, and their journey is as twisted as it is beautiful. This book not only stands out in the Hockey Gods series but also solidifies Sara's ability to deliver gripping, emotionally charged romance novels. I don't know HOW Knox is going to top this.. I was not anticipating loving Jacob this much.


Rating: 5/5 stars, easy 

GoodReads

No comments:

Post a Comment