Pages

Thursday, June 26, 2014

The Fault in Our Stars - John Green

Hi there! So John Green’s The Fault in Our Stars (TFIOS for short) was even better than I expected. I went into it thinking that the saddest part would be the ending but in retrospect the whole story itself it’s the saddest part. I honestly loved it and recommend it to everyone and anyone.

Despite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeous plot twist named Augustus Waters suddenly appears at Cancer Kid Support Group, Hazel's story is about to be completely rewritten.




I went into reading TFIOS strictly to be able to have conversations with people about it. I felt out of the loop when I heard people talk about it. Sure I knew the ending and the outcome because of Tumblr but I still wanted to share in the experience. As a reader, many books make me smile but have no real impact of my life. TFIOS however, made me not only think but also drove me to decide to change a few things in my life. This book is truly a one of a kind love story that isn’t only between Hazel Grace and Augustus but there’s also Isaac and Augustus, Isaac and his girlfriend Monica; there’s also Hazel and her parents, the list goes on and on. That’s something I liked a lot about this book, everyone matters and although you might only hear bits and pieces about them they still count. Although obvious the main love story is Hazel and Gus, everyone is affected by this unfortunate and sad outcome.
Every character is amazing. Each described to a T and well thought out. Green gets right into the mind of a teenage girl and also the mind of a cancer patient. He does so incredibly and I can honestly say the writing style is one of my favorite parts of the books. Its clean and official but also relaxed and very much like thoughts. I see a lot of myself in Hazel Grace. I never had cancer but surely one doesn’t need to go through that to relate strongly to a character. She’s a strong, intelligent and very wise girl at such a young age and the way she sees the world makes some people sad but others will agree. I definitely agreed with her trying to protect everyone else from her because she’s sick and in turn, dying. She’s a ‘grenade’ (Green that was a perfect metaphor) and I understand exactly what she’s doing. I think every girl will fall head over heels for Augustus, I know I did. Not only does he make you think but also he’s a passionate, smart and witty character, truly lovable for all readers. I found myself also loving Isaac, who really stole the show for me whenever he was on a page. Every character was not only thoughtful but also sarcastic and realistic and all had different views on their circumstances.
This book made me realize life is too short to life in fear. I am so blessed and lucky to be where I am with this strong head on my shoulders. I hope the same to all of you and of course I only wish you the best of lives.

Well done, heartbreaking and charismatic!
Rating: 10/10
I got my copy from my local Barnes and Noble but its also available on Amazon, Book Depository, audible, iBooks, Target and many other site

No comments:

Post a Comment